On a recent trip to Sardinia we discovered a small restaurant in the back streets of Castelsardo in the north of the island. We ordered these prawns which were delicious and later back home I found the recipe on the Internet. Enjoy, we did.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 700g uncooked fresh king prawns, peeled and deveined
- In a large, glass bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and black pepper. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat. Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil cooking hotplate. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.