This fiery dish of prawns, tomatoes and garlic is perfect to warm you up on a cold winter night. If you want to turn down the heat use less chilli or none at all. As part of an Intermittent diet plan, 1 serving provides 2 of your 6 daily vegetable portions.
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (or use ½ tsp dried chilli flakes)
- 150g/5½oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 250g/9oz jumbo king prawns, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 3 heaped tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- ground black pepper
- 160g/6oz green beans, steamed, to serve
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over a low heat. Add the garlic and chilli and cook very gently for five minutes or until the garlic is very soft but not coloured, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and lemon juice and cook for two minutes or until beginning to soften. Stir in the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until the tomatoes are well softened and the prawns are hot through.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the parsley, season with lots of pepper and serve with the beans.