Enjoy a night in for two with this easy roasted red pepper and prawn starter to kick things off. Ready in just 15 minutes but full of flavour with a parsley and lemon dressing, saffron mayonnaise and toasted garlic ciabatta on the side.
- 4 slices ciabatta
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 90g pack cooked stir-fry king prawns
- 100g roasted red peppers, drained and sliced into thin strips
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves
- pinch of saffron (4-5 threads)
- 40g mayonnaise
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Brush both sides of the ciabatta slices with 1 tsp of the olive oil and toast in the pan, turning, until golden. Rub one side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- In a bowl, mix the prawns with the peppers, lemon juice, parsley leaves, the remaining olive oil and some seasoning.
- Put the saffron in a small, heatproof bowl and pour over 1 tbsp boiling water. Stir, then leave to infuse for 2 mins, stirring often. Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve the prawns and peppers with a spoonful of saffron mayonnaise and 2 slices of toasted ciabatta each.