This super salad is made with avocado and prawns and topped with a tarragon dressing and lemon crumbs. Although most of the calories in an avocado come from fat, don’t shy away! Avocados are full of healthy, beneficial fats that help to keep you full and satiated. When you consume fat, your brain receives a signal to turn off your appetite. Eating fat slows the breakdown of carbohydrates, which helps to keep sugar levels in the blood stable.
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil, plus a drizzle for the avocado
- 50g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ bunch tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 x 80g bag watercress or lamb’s lettuce
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- 2 x avocados, peeled and sliced
- 18 fresh or frozen, cooked tiger or jumbo king prawns (defrosted if frozen)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until golden brown. Tip into a bowl, season and stir through the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl make the dressing: mix together the mustard, 2 tsp lemon juice, remaining olive oil, tarragon and some seasoning
- Divide the salad leaves, spring onions and avocado slices between plates, or arrange on a serving platter. Toss the prawns with a little of the dressing and place on top. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and scatter with lemon crumbs.