Make this batch of honey prawns at your next gathering. Everyone from the little ones to the adults will adore these little morsels of sweet orange coloured deliciousness. They are the ultimate finger food.
- 1.5 kilogram large uncooked prawns
- 150g self-raising flour
- 310ml water
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 75g cornflour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 90g honey
- 100 gram snow pea sprouts
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds, toasted
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact. Sift self-raising flour into medium bowl; gradually whisk in the water and egg until batter is smooth. Just before serving, coat prawns in cornflour, shake off excess; dip into batter, one at a time, draining away excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok; deep-fry prawns, in batches, until browned lightly. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat peanut oil in same cleaned wok; heat honey, uncovered, until bubbling. Add prawns; coat with honey mixture. Serve prawns on snow pea sprouts, sprinkled with seeds.