This delicious smoked salmon and prawn recipe is a wonderfully elegant, yet simple dish that can be made in just 20 mins – definitely a dish that will keep your dinner.
- oil for greasing
- 200g smoked salmon slices
- 1 large ready-to-eat avocado
- 150g coldwater prawns, plus a few extra to garnish, optional
- zest and juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 2 tbsp sweet chillli dipping sauce
- handful salad leaves
- toast, to serve
- Lightly oil then line 4 ramekins with cling film. Now line with slices of salmon, allowing the salmon to overhang the top of the dishes, as you will need to fold it over later. Keep back one very large slice to use as lids. Finely chop the avocado and toss with seasoning, the prawns, half the lime zest and juice and the chives.
- Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and press firmly with the back of a spoon. Place a quarter of the reserved salmon on top then fold over the overhanging salmon to enclose the filling. Chill until ready to serve. Meanwhile mix the remaining lime juice and zest with the sweet chilli sauce, seasoning and 1tbsp water.
- To serve, pile some salad into the centre of large plates. Turn the parcels out of the ramekins and arrange on top. You can garnish with a few extra prawns if you like. Spoon over the dressing, grind over some black pepper and serve with toast.