If you don’t have metal skewers, use bamboo ones instead. Just remember to soak bamboo skewers in warm water for 30 minutes so they don’t burn on the barbecue.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 kg green prawns, peeled (tails left intact), deveined
- prepared couscous, natural yoghurt, mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Brush a barbecue or char-grill with oil and preheat medium.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, oil, lemon juice, parsley, coriander, cumin, garlic, turmeric and paprika. Season to taste.
- Add the prawns, tossing to coat well. Thread onto metal skewers.
- Cook prawn skewers for 1-2 minutes each side until they change colour and are cooked through. Remove from heat. Serve with couscous, yoghurt and salad.