Try these hearty buttermilk pancakes teamed with the fresh flavours of king prawns, dill and horseradish cream.
Prawn and Dill Pancakes
See Author: Tesco Real Food
- 125gms plain flour, sifted
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 lemon, zested, plus wedges to serve
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 225ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, plus extra for frying
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 100ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 180gms cooked king prawns
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced, to serve
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarb into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and the lemon zest; mix.
- Add the egg, buttermilk and butter, and whisk into a thick batter. Cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10 mins.
- Brush butter into a hot pan, spoon 2 tbsp of the mix and put over a medium heat. Fry for 1-2 mins or until bubbles appear; flip and fry for 1 minute on the other side. Remove, keep warm and repeat until you have 12.
- Mix together the horseradish, crème fraîche, dill and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season; set aside.
- To serve, put 2 pancakes on each plate, top with a dollop of horseradish mix, a few prawns and cucumber slices; squeeze over lemon juice, season with black pepper, and garnish with dill.