These delicate summer rolls are perfect for a lighter barbecue option. Filled with fresh flavours, using sweet barbecued mango and prawns wrapped in lettuce, these easy wraps are served with a tangy chilli sauce for dipping.
- 240 gms pack frozen jumbo raw king prawns, defrosted
- 1 mango, stoned, peeled and cut into 24 equal pieces
- olive oil, for brushing
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- pinch of sugar
- Light the barbecue and wait until the flames have died down, or preheat the grill to high. Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 10 mins. Push 3 prawns and 3 mango pieces onto each skewer. Brush with oil and barbecue or grill for 2-3 mins each side until cooked.
- Push the prawns and mango off each skewer into a lettuce leaf and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Wrap the leaf around the filling, roll up like a parcel and slice in half. Secure with a cocktail stick, if you like. Mix the chilli, lime zest and juice, fish sauce and a pinch of sugar in a bowl. Serve with the summer rolls.
- TIP: You can make the wraps more substantial by adding some cooked rice noodles.