Raise your barbecue game with these punchy skewers that perfectly match the sweetness of meaty king prawns with the fieriness of warming piri piri. Scoop these barbecued delights up in a crisp Romaine lettuce leaf, drizzle with a sharp basil dressing, and devour.
- 875 gms fresh or frozen king prawns, heads removed and peeled (defrosted, if frozen)
- 4 tbsp piri piri sauce
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 x 31 gms pack fresh basil, leaves picked
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- Put the prawns and piri piri sauce in a bowl and toss to coat. Cover and put in the fridge to marinate for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by putting the basil, oil, garlic, ground almonds, Parmesan and lemon zest in a small food processor and whizzing until combined. Season.
- Thread the prawns onto skewers (pre-soaked for 15 mins, if wooden) and grill for 5 mins on each side, or until pink and cooked through (alternatively, cook indoors under a hot grill or in a smoking griddle pan). To serve, arrange the lettuce on plates and top with the prawns. Drizzle over the basil and lemon sauce.