This super salad is made with avocado and prawns and topped with a tarragon dressing and lemon crumbs.
Avocado and Prawn Salad
See Author: Tesco Real Food
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil, plus a drizzle for the avocado
- 50g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ bunch tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 x 80g bag watercress or lamb’s lettuce
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- 2 x avocados, peeled and sliced
- 18 fresh or frozen, cooked tiger or jumbo king prawns (defrosted if frozen)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until golden brown. Tip into a bowl, season and stir through the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl make the dressing: mix together the mustard, 2 tsp lemon juice, remaining olive oil, tarragon and some seasoning
- Divide the salad leaves, spring onions and avocado slices between plates, or arrange on a serving platter. Toss the prawns with a little of the dressing and place on top. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and scatter with lemon crumbs.