This light and flavourful chowder is perfect for snacks. Prawns are a popular choice for any meal of the day, from a prawn and grits casserole for brunch to grilled prawns for supper. Be sure and get the right size prawns for your recipe. Medium-size prawns are best for soups like this, for example, because they are easier to eat with a spoon.
- 20gms butter
- 3 spring onions (shallots), trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 Cream Delight potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 625ml (2½ cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 400gms can creamed corn
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 600gms green prawn meat, coarsely chopped
- ½ loaf Turkish bread, sliced, grilled
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the pale section of spring onion. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until soft. Add potato and stir to coat. Add stock. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add corn kernels to the saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the creamed corn and cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Add prawn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Season with pepper. Divide among bowls. Top with the green section of spring onion. Serve with bread.