For a Vietnamese spin on your lunchbox, try these tasty prawn summer rolls. Filled with crunchy iceberg lettuce, shredded mint and sweet carrot, and served with a rich hoisin-style dressing, these are great for a takeaway lunch or even as a dinner party canapé. This recipe uses half a spring roll kit to make one lunch serving, so you can save the rest for another day or double up to serve two.
- 50gms iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 5gms mint, shredded
- 30gms carrot, shredded
- ½ x Vietnamese spring roll kit
- 5-6 cooked tiger prawns, halved
- Mix the shredded lettuce, mint and carrot. Soften half the noodles from the Vietnamese spring roll kit for 5 mins in boiled water, then drain.
- Soften half the pancakes, one by one, for 20 secs in hot water. Arrange a few prawns and some of the salad and rice noodles on each pancake, then roll up, folding in the ends to secure.
- Pack in a lunchbox and put half the dressing from the kit in a separate container.
- COOK'S TIP: For a tropical snack to include alongside the spring rolls for lunch, try packing some dried mango and fresh coconut chunks mixed with a few pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds for crunch.