This delectable shrimp dish is filled with colour and taste that makes it vanish fast. Most people can’t get enough of it. Bacon adds crispness and a hint of heartiness. Consider it when you need a different main dish or brunch item.
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 600 gms cold cooked rice
- 1 package (1/2 kg) frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ kg uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Remove eggs and keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add the rice, vegetables and shrimp; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Meanwhile, chop eggs into small pieces. Return eggs to the pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon if desired.