These spicy Thai prawn cakes are full of the flavours of chilli, garlic and lemongrass, with none of the fuss – the red curry paste does all the work for you. Try serving them with stir-fried vegetables, lime wedges and sweet chilli dipping sauce. They’re a delicious and simple party food choice or starter at a dinner party. They’re spicy and tasty all in one. Your friends and family will love tucking into these tasty treats especially as they only take 20 mins to make.
- 250gms mashed potato
- 1tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 175gms ready cooked prawns, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 25gms flour
- Oil for frying
- Beat the mashed potato and curry paste together until they are well blended.
- Stir in the prawns and spring onions.
- Form the mixture into balls in the palms of your hands, flatten them, then toss in flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the prawn cakes in batches for 5 mins, until the outside is golden.
You can make these ahead and fry them at the last minute – the uncooked prawn cakes will keep in the fridge for 24 hours.