“I created this recipe with what I had on hand one night, and now it’s one of my husband’s favourites! The bacon-wrapped shrimp, garlicky sauce and burst of cool cucumber flavor make this a crowd pleaser.” —Shannon Rose Trelease, East Hampton, New York
- ¼ cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled cucumber
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dill weed
- 6 bacon strips
- 24 uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut into ¼-in. slices
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chopped cucumber, garlic salt and dill; set aside.
- Cut each bacon strip in half width wise and then lengthwise. Wrap a piece of bacon around each shrimp. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook shrimp in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp.
- Spoon a rounded ½ teaspoon yogurt sauce onto each cucumber slice; top with shrimp.